Vicky

Post by Vicky » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Nomad nucleus (3.5m) for sale:

blue and silver design
suitable for ~50-65 Kg paddler
repairs on tail and beneath seat
water tight
£300 ONO

Boat is in HPP and available to try (though obviously the course will now be shut for a significant period of time).

Apologies to those who may have contacted me about this previously, my account PM/e-mail seems to have been playing up.

Thanks,
Vicky Richards

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:21 am

Hi Vicky, on behalf of VKC in Bedford I would like to purchase this boat please. It sounds exactly what the Club requires to get smaller/younger paddlers into/progressing in slalom. I can collect from HPP as i plan on attending the AGM there on the 29th Nov. I will try sending you a PM also but I really wish to purchase this ok :-)

And for others here who may have a boat for sale like this one, I need a couple more please so get in touch :-)

PP
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Vicky

Post by Vicky » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Spiderman wrote:Hi Vicky, on behalf of VKC in Bedford I would like to purchase this boat please. It sounds exactly what the Club requires to get smaller/younger paddlers into/progressing in slalom. I can collect from HPP as i plan on attending the AGM there on the 29th Nov. I will try sending you a PM also but I really wish to purchase this ok :-)

And for others here who may have a boat for sale like this one, I need a couple more please so get in touch :-)

PP
Sold! :)

LouiseJull

Post by LouiseJull » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi,
I have a kayak that the club may be interested in. It is a Double Dutch Energy and is in fairly good condition. It is made for a small build, probably someone 50-60KG. Would be perfect for young paddlers!
300 ono.
Cheers,

Louise

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi Louise.....same applies then...fancy that one too. Can you inform me if it is watertight pls? Also, where is it? I am assuming this is a std 3.5m slalom boat of course and not anything that has been modified in any way? I will PM you and hopefully we can wrap this one up too :-) This will mean I am looking for just one more pleeeeaaase anyone?

LouiseJull

Post by LouiseJull » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Okay cool. It is in Nottingham at the Slalom course. It is a 3.5m boat. Is watertight. Has one small repair on tail.
Cheers

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:03 am

OK, consider it sold :-) Any chance you will be around on the day of the ACM at the end of this month? I plan to collect Vicky's Nomad from Nottingham that day so if I could pick yours up too that would be ideal. And I just happen to be bringing with me the Club Treasurer to that meeting with his cheque book too :-) Many thanks, Peter.

PS - Well done Nick (and Dave in his absence) for this Forum. I have now sourced no less than THREE boats here this year and wish to give thanks where thanks are due :-) Excellent! :-)

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Spiderman, this is not a Nick/Dave creation, it was started by Steve Millband, when he was paddlign div 2 kayak. I think he still runs it, but paddles much less often.

So THANKS Steve, for the idea, for starting it, and for keeping it going. :D

CP
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Aha! OK CP thanks for that :-) Credit where credit is due, thanks Steve :-) ...... and also to Nick for linking it up with the Canoe Slalom website. The whole online precence here is absolutely brilliant giving us all a single venue to find and exchange information on our discipline ......not forgetting giving us the opportunity to voice our opinions too of course! I will have to try that part!!! :D