Ironbridge

Discuss past and future events
The Doc

Ironbridge

Post by The Doc » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:04 pm

I would like to thank the Roden family for the hard work in putting on a great event, even managed to book the weather!

It is a shame that it was spoilt by the unwarranted and unprovoked behaviour of the Telford SS. People who witnessed either the verbal attack on me or the later punch thrown will be surprised perhaps that I will honour the commitment made to Roger to make a donation for erecting the gazebo. Perhaps less surprising is the fact I have no wish for that donation to end up with the canoe club so a £20 donation will be made to our appointed charity LupusUK.

Thanks again the Rodens, especially for the support following the assault.

321go

Re: Ironbridge

Post by 321go » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Maybe if you had just paid ya £3 camping fees the argument wouldn't have happened in the 1st place

The Doc

Post by The Doc » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:30 am

I never refused to pay, in fact I was discussing with Roger the appropriate donation to include the camping.

Apparently the guy was upset by my having the stand but as I was contributing to the club for that it shouldn't have been a problem. I have never had a problem making contributions to clubs in fact we support many clubs and at many events we don't even cover our costs but that is our contribution to the sport!

SteveM
Site Admin

Post by SteveM » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 am

This isn't really the appropriate platform for these sorts of issues.

Deal with it offline please guys.

Steve