Llandysul - chocalate and peanuts

Discuss past and future events
Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:29 am

What a great weekend!

Nice weather, nice food, few laughs. Excellent event.

Would definitely go again but it's a long way if ends up just for a day next year.

Well done to those involved I say

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Ditto, enjoyed it as usual, great event.

Like Fup Duck doubt I will make it next year if its a single. Just not worth it for 12 hours driving and the cost of fuel. Looks like a weekend off in future!

General Flangecustard

Post by General Flangecustard » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:50 pm

We also had a great time. Awsome weather for the middle of October. Good food, £6 for a two course meal was great on saturday night. :)
Shame it will only be for one day next year. We will probably not go as it is too far to travel for a single event. Unfortunatly this seems to be the case for a lot of div 1 events next year, so there will be few that will be worth attending. :(

La Lune

Post by La Lune » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Great event, amazing weather, made some great new friends. The food is the best of any slalom, brilliantly organised, very popular, courses were enjoyable and the venue is now of high quality with great facilities and lake. Just a shame to make it a single event next year :( Hope you manage to secure a double for the following season for the benefit of all paddlers.

Neilo

Post by Neilo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

I would like to add my thanks to all who made this a very enjoyable event. Well organised, a challenging and well thought out courses and great atmosphere amongst competitors and organisers. The weather was a bonus, as was the river level (despite the drop).

This is a great venue and I am also sad to hear, in the other posts, that this will be a single next year (I don't know how they know or why that is ?) as I would not be able to justify the distance for a single day. Looks like I may only get to one slalom event a year. The joys of being a 'southerner' !

Thanks again for a fun couple of days.
(P.S. Despite best efforts, help and advise, still eddied out on gate 3-Sun)

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:14 pm

I have to agree, what a great event - many thanks to all involved in putting it on.

But I also have to agree that its a long way to come if it's going to be a single event next year, not sure I can justify the time cost for just on days race

Les

kendall chew

Post by kendall chew » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:19 am

Sorry to sound so naiive but, is it too late to change this. I have not made myself aware of the process or time scale for competition venue acceptance - why can it not be altered?

General Flangecustard

Post by General Flangecustard » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:58 pm

It may be altered yet ,but if you look on the provisional calender there are only 2 div 1 doubles next year and for me at least most are too far to go to for just one day.