Aberfeldy Slalom 5th April - Thanks....

Discuss past and future events
jsrevell

Post by jsrevell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am

to the paddlers, we hope you enjoyed the event;
to everyone who helped with the organisation, simply too many to name;
to Dunolly Adventure for the cafe and the facilities;
to Brookbank for visiting with their shop;
to the Slalom Committe and the SCA for their support.

We hope to see you next year.

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Great event for the Bank Holiday - just a shame the river rose making gates 13 & 16 somewhat more difficult on 2nd runs. However allowed the younger siblings of those taking part at the weekend a chance to get on the water, whilst their older siblings watched from the bank.

Great to see so many having a go and lots of people encouraging / supporting the competitors, who didn't have people directly taking part in the event.

Looking forward to next years event already - just can we have gate 11 a bit further away from the bank so I don't get embedded in it !!

cheers
Phil

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks for a fun event.
I've just noticed that the points are wrong for C1W. It should be best total divided by 1.2, compared to Div 3 K1M and then halved. (pg 59 rule 5.6) Most C1W haven't got enough points but sadly I have too many!
Cheers, Donna
(And Phil ... I still haven't got your Matlock entry - I doubt you're going to Alva!)
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.

jsrevell

Post by jsrevell » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Donna,
Thanks for the information. Just our second slalom and first time for Div 3 so we're still learning all the rules.
I'm working away from home at the moment and will check and revise the points when I am at home.
:)

CDC

Post by CDC » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:21 am

:D I know this is a little late, but I went to watch the event GREAT to see so many youngsters having a great time well done to Breadalbane C C. Nice soup in the cafe
CDC ???