Bala Mill 27 / 28 June - Entries closing date - 20th June

Discuss past and future events
Richard Lee

Post by Richard Lee » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Bala Mill 27 / 28th June - Entries will be closed on Saturday, 20th June - so, if you have n't already entered.....5 days left if you wish to do so.

The Premier, Pan Celtic cup and Welsh championships will be held on Saturday. Results from runs will be transferred across each competition for those entered in a class. There will be a single run team event for Pan Celtic teams at the end of the day.

The division one slalom will be held on Sunday.

The river Tryweryn is a dam regulated river - although it is a scheduled release, please ring the water information line (01678 520826) before travelling as extreme weather conditions can affect the water release timetable.

An information sheet has been posted on www.canoeslalom.co.uk

E mail entries can be sent to richardlee.wca@virgin.net (Please then send a card and cheque to Bala CC before the event itself )

Many thanks

Richard Lee
Bala Canoe Club

Richard Lee

Post by Richard Lee » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Bala Mill slalom

The entries have now closed for the weekend.

Start list is posted on www.canoeslalom.co.uk - Thanks Nick.

Demo runs are at 9.45 am on Saturday, with the racing starting at 11.00 am.

Water is forecast for both days, but as always, ring the water info line - 01678 520826 - before travelling.

The course will be set tonight - so if you are racing in the Premier, Pan Celtic or Welsh champs on Saturday, please train up at Canolfan Tryweryn on Friday.

See you at the weekend.

Best regards

Richard Lee

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:18 am

Good event. Organisers even managed to book sunshine for Sunday; first slalom we have ever been to in Bala where we have had a whole day without rain!

Catering was great, especially the cakes! David thought the coffee cake was superb, but I'm not sure if many others got to try it as I think he had about 6 slices!

Thanks to all involved
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!