Llandysul - Llandysul div 2/3/open double May 24/25

Discuss past and future events
Non paddler

Post by Non paddler » Mon May 12, 2008 10:18 pm

The Llandysul Div 2/3/Open double event is on 24 and 25 May. This is always a fun event and I hope many of you div 2 & 3 paddlers will be able to make it as it really is a good place to race and I are sure you will enjoy it.

For those of you who do not know Llandysul the course is a natural river running through a gorge providing good quality racing. There is a large clubhouse overlooking the river next to the start of the course and we will have lots of hot food and steaming tea and coffee (and cake and chocolate)

One of the great things about Llandysul is accommodation is so simple, the clubhouse has bunk rooms, bunks can be booked at 8 pounds per night (with light breakfast included). Alternatively camping is available across the road, still within walking distance of the start. This is 3 pounds per tent plus 1 pound per person per night. To book or if you have any questons please mail [email]Keithcanoe@onlineimages.ltd.uk.[/email] (Bear in mind rain at night in Wales is not that unlikely!)

Whilst we really welcome entries beforehand as it makes life easier, late entries will be accepted each day.

As well as the ranking events there is an open class if you are not div 2 or 3 and fancy a race.

We plan to have the course ready mid to late afternoon on the Friday so there will be plenty of time for free practice both Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Hope to see you there.

Non paddler

Post by Non paddler » Mon May 19, 2008 1:59 pm

Weather forecast looking OK at the moment and start list is available on this site. Course should be ready late afternoon on Friday so there will be plenty of time for practise.
Don't forget if you need a bed in the bunkhouse please let me know, there is still plenty of room but the earlier I know makes it a bit easier for me.

Like Peterborough (Jewel of the East) we will have lots of cakes, but we may be lacking icing, don't let that put you off! Look forward to seeing you over the weekend.

mwilk

Post by mwilk » Wed May 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Any predictions on the water levels ?

Non paddler

Post by Non paddler » Fri May 23, 2008 1:10 am

it will not be big water thats for sure. But should be enough to test Div 2 and Div 3 paddlers. May be rain by Sunday.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue May 27, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks for organising the event guys - it appeared to go very smoothly and even ahead of schedule!

Please thank the ladies and guys providing the food - the general consensus from my lot is that it is the best food they have had at a slalom :-) We are thinking of starting our very own Michelin awards for slalom food!!!

Non paddler

Post by Non paddler » Tue May 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi, this is non-padler's wife.

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the food. :D Though it was hot work at times in the kitchen, it was great to feed such a friendly and polite bunch of paddlers and families.

Thanks to the brilliant catering team - Jennifer, Cath, Adline and Chris (creator of the now famous Chris' chicken korma).

mwilk

Post by mwilk » Wed May 28, 2008 1:18 pm

Agreed - great event. Good course, considering the water level.
Can I have the recipe for the fruit cake ?

One little problem - if non-paddler is reading - can you check published list for the points allocated to Div 2K1M for Sunday. They differ slightly from what is showing in the ranking lists [for me at least].
[For anyone who thinks I'm complaining - I'm actually going to come out with less points if I am right]

Ken Trollope

Post by Ken Trollope » Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 pm

Whoops

It's all my fault I accidently put a total of 23 paddlers into computer prog for points calculation instead of 22.
I remember correcting it on the individual list that was posted in the club house but forgot to correct the overall event list.
Will send Organiser corrected set of results, looks like Ranking compilers already spotted it but will inform them s well.

Again sorry guys can't even say it was late in the day as you were first off!

Ken
If it is not on fire, it might be a software problem.

Non paddler

Post by Non paddler » Thu May 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Div 2 K1M Sunday points updated and results reposted. Thanks for pointing that out and thanks Ken for the quick update.

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Fri May 30, 2008 9:15 am

Thanks everyone... superb organisation throughout! Even got the weather right on Saturday!
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.