Shepperton Weir - The end of Div 1 slaloms ???????

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:59 pm

The strategy paper is available and the link is posted in it;s own thread. If the link works, it is here
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 pm

I'm not starting out to offend people but...

...All this southerners are so hard done too rubish is starting to boil my bloody! us northeners have at least a 2&1/2 hour drive to any decent guaranteed water race sites as well. unfortunatly slalom is a sport where a lot of us have to do an awful lot of travelling to enjoy and be any good at it.

so sheperton doesn't have a div 1 race next season, neither will some other places but i'm of the opinion that 18 races in a season is a bit much. i'd like to see more races run on quality white water but that is in short supply.

right just seen that there is another thread and a paper to read, maybe i shall have opinions on that too! :D

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi oldschool

no one is trying to suggest that canoe slalom doesn't involve travel for everyone. However for those of us down south, if sheppy is removed from the calendar then our nearest div 1 event will be HPP which can easily top 4 hrs on a Friday night. All we look for is an even distribution across the country.

I'd also add that we have some impressively White water to boot ( though for div 3/4 s read g in - it goes nicely flat and gentle in the summer months)
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!