Stone Mini series 2010

Discuss past and future events
Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:20 am

Taking a leaf from CP... shameless plug coming up.

Jan 17th sees the 1st of the Stone Mini slalom comps - others are 31st Jan & 21st Feb.

Open to all Divisions & classes and there will be a handicap system in place as there has been in the past.

Course will be erected on the Saturday morning, all hands welcome to assist after which it will be open for free practice until dark.

Entries will be taken on the Sunday up until 10:30, with racing due to start 11am.

Cost of entry £6.00 for initial boat then £4.00 per subsequent family entrant / additional class -- not the £10 as shown currently on Canoe Slalom site.

Refreshments will be available on the day

So come along and see how your Winter Training is progressing.

regards

DadsTaxi

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:43 am

The cheek of it! Using these pages to promote a fun event in the off season! Just because it is a fun day out, competition for all, and friendly organisation.

Oh I seem to have bumped this back to the top of the list again! :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Gosh less than a week to go. . .
Unfortunately I got myself back on the committee so cant be there, hope it all goes well. :D

Oops bumped again!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Course is up. Water level is pretty good with all the rain and snow melt. Race entries before 10:30. (Preferably well before) Race starts at 11:00

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Coughing hard enough to bring up a lung for the last two weeks has prevented me going anywhere near the river and will now sadly prevent me attending this brilliant event tomorrow :-( Have a great time everyone. I will post the above details on the VKC Forum for any last minute interest!

PP
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Well the 2nd Mini is almost upon us. Water levels not quite as high as the 1st race but still good levels.

Details are as per the 1st with entries being taken up until 1030 on Sunday.
Course erection will take place Saturday morning, design by another of SSCC juniors, with free practice available once its up through until Sunday morning 11am when we hope to start the race.

Refreshments available

So come along and see how effective the Winter training has been or just come along for the fun of competing

regards
DT

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Spiderman wrote:Coughing hard enough to bring up a lung for the last two weeks has prevented me going anywhere near the river and will now sadly prevent me attending this brilliant event tomorrow :-( Have a great time everyone. I will post the above details on the VKC Forum for any last minute interest!

PP

Well the second race is almost upon you - hope you have sorted out the lungs as you may need them tomorrow to blow out all those candles - Happy Birthday Spidey :cool:

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:26 am

Very thoughtful Colin thankyou. But unfortunately The Mini Slalom will have one southerner less yet again. No change on the health front and even called of a birthday dinner as well :-9 Bummer. Im not used to being ill and I DON'T like it!

If anyone is wondering if they should go to the Stone Mini, quit wondering and pack your kit bag! Go well one and all :-)

PP
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Well the course is up. Water levels lower than the 1st mini. So all set for Sunday. Entries until 1030. racing to start 11am prompt (ish!)
Weather forecast seems good as well, if not a little cool but at least no rain
cheers

DT

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:22 pm

Pogies were the tactic for many during their warm up before the start of the Stone Mini second round. The bank around the warmup pool was littered with them with the resulting confusion over subsequent ownership. Most were restored to their rightful owners, but, if you picked up a pair with two safety pins and my name on them will you kindly return them. Their MINE.:D

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 pm

All sorted now :laugh:

Results now posted on Canoeslalom.co.uk by the way