LLANGOLLEN TOWN FALLS PREM/ONE

Discuss past and future events
Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:05 am

Ken - I think Nick has email addresses for many of the div1 paddlers.

I must admit that I tend to put an email address on the entry card. Perhaps, next time we reprint the cards we should reduce the address lines to 2, and add email. OK, not everyone would fill it in but it would be useful for this type of situation.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Ken Trollope

Post by Ken Trollope » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:14 am

Sorted I hope.
If it is not on fire, it might be a software problem.

davewaine

Post by davewaine » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Dave B has opened the c'can of worms' above so I thought that I would add my thoughts.
I appreciate Ken's efforts to get the event running and much prefer to paddle a 'real river' than a 'concrete jungle' BUT....
I really don't think that we should be forced to change a very long established event around for 150+ paddlers for the whim of a few fishermen. How many fishermen do you see anyway? I have paddled several times from The Tail to the Aqueduct and not spotted more than a couple each time. We provide a LOT of income for the town over the weekend. The event should have been moved to HPP just to make the point. (or even cancelled??).

Kazz

Post by Kazz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:06 pm

[The event should have been moved to HPP ]

very tempted to agree theres no fishermen on that section of the trent as all of the fish have died much further upstream

still worried that prem paddlers wont turn up until the day which may leave the div 1 with no gate judges will be interesting to see kens rota after tomorrows closing date ???

Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 am

We have actually had paddlers judging at a number of Llangollen events over recent years and all but the absolute minority turn up and we can almost guess who won't!

There has been enough publicity that this is to happen therefore there are no valid excuses, all paddlers will have had to look at the start list to check what time they are racing therefore will have seen what time they are expercted to judge. - so no excuse of not knowing!

As for the fishermen - being too defiant could result in land owners refusing access which would leave no alternative but to cancel. The town we know want us there, we bring in much needed revenue to the local businesses but not all locals see it that way!! This is a one off - we will in future be much more aware of the fishing seasons last day! Next year it all moves back by a week so will not be an issue.

Ken Trollope

Post by Ken Trollope » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Start List was published last night on the web page.

If your name is not on this list then you do not have an entry.

No further entries are being accepted.

Ken
If it is not on fire, it might be a software problem.