Harefield Div 3&4 Double

Discuss past and future events
Carlr

Post by Carlr » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Well, it's only a few weeks away now until the Harefield Div 3/4 slalom on 8th/9th August, and things are being put into place again for another excellent race weekend.
There will be camping just a couple of hundred yards from the slalom site available from the Friday evening.
There is also a course guide on the Canoe Slalom Website to give you more of an idea about Harefield.
We're also bringing back the team event again this year with teams on Saturday afternoon as it was such a success last year. We'll be quite happy to take either full team entries or part teams and fill them up through the day... We will be accepting late entries on the day but only until 10:30 on Saturday and 9:30 on the Sunday. Refreshments will be available during the weekend.
Lets hope we have the same weather as we had last year to make an excellent race weekend.

This is one of the only slaloms where you have a Public House at the finish line...

All we need now are some more entries...

Hope to see you all soon!

Carl

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Well, it's only 2 weeks away now until the Harefield Div 3/4 slalom on 8th/9th August, and things have been put into place again for another excellent race weekend.
A field for parking and camping is arranged just a 100 metres from the slalom site available from the Friday evening. Hopefully a cold water tap will be available but cannot be guarenteed at present. Please note that NO PARKING is allowed in public house car park over the competition weekend as we cannot afford to upset the landlords.
There is also a course guide on the Canoe Slalom Website to give you more of an idea about Harefield.
We're also bringing back the team event ( plus open team event) again this year with teams on Saturday afternoon as it was such a success last year. We'll be quite happy to take either full team entries or part teams and fill them up through the day... We will be accepting late entries on both days but only until 10:30 on Saturday and 9:30 on the Sunday. Refreshments will be available during the weekend.

Entries are still coming in but we always want more...

There will be further info released later in the week, I will try and answer further emails this week although email access maybe limited as i am of to have some fun on L Argentiere and Bourg!! But will be back in time to put up course.

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:54 pm

It's gonna mint this year!

It waas one of the biggest and best 3/4s last year and this year is gonna be better!

The site is perfect for anyone's first race and the course can offer a challenge for the top end of prem let aloe the top of div 3!

I can't wait!

See you all there

nicky

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:52 am

Only just over a week to go to the event, will there be the 'on the water' canteen again. (BUMP) :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:01 pm

St Albans and Hertsemere Canoe Club
Harefield 2009

Directions – The site is accessed via junction 17 of the M25. The closest postcode to the site is UB9 6HZ. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE MAJOR ROAD WORKS ON THE M25 AND SPEED RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE SO PLAN TO ARRIVE EARLY.

Parking and Camping – Parking and camping for the event is in the Clancydocwra field adjacent to the Coy Carp Pub on the canal side. Camping will be charged at £5 per vehicle and parking will be £1 per day (free if camping). The Site will be available from Friday at Midday until Sunday evening. Please do not park in Coy Carp car park.

The camping facilities are a little basic, but are reasonably priced and perfectly placed and with a pub on site, what more can you ask for! There should be a fresh water tap available and portaloo toilets.

Food and drink – Unfortunately there is no narrow boat this year, but culinary delights will be being served throughout the weekend on the campsite. All the usual slalom fayre will be served at reasonable prices…

Start list – A provisional start list will be published on www.canoeslalom.co.uk. As a guide late entries will be taken up until 10:30 Saturday and 10:00 on Sunday with racing commencing at 11:00 and 11:30 respectively.

Late Entries – Late entries will be taken on the day and late entry fees will apply for those entries received after Friday 7 August.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Sorry Carl. Do you mean starting at 11:30 or 10:30 on Sunday (i.e. 30 minutes after late entries finish)? Very important question as I enjoy lie ins :-)

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Munchkin

We are looking at racing commencing at 11:30 Saturday and 11:30 Sunday this may change slightly depending on amount of late entries as we have had loads of emails regarding groups wanting to attend. Any way i would have thought you would want to do some training on course instead of having i lie in!

Carl

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:38 am

Ha ha ha! I am having a party on Saturday afternoon/ evening so sleep will be a priority :D

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Well then the slalom course is up with just a couple of slight tweaks to do in the morning, we have even had paddlers out on the water this evening having some practise. Car parking/camping is in the Clancydocwra grounds and not in the Coy Carp car park, for those that are camping we have managed to get the cold water sorted. Entries are still coming in we will be accepting entries on the day until about 10:30 am both days but the earlier the better so as to not cause any delays as race is planned to start at 11:30 sharp. The refreshment tent is also up and will be up and running in the morning. Lets hope we have the same fantastic weather and competition that we saw at Harefield last year. Hope to see you all at the weekend.

GreenPeter

Post by GreenPeter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks to all involved for a relaxed and laid back event and top marks for ordering the sun. :D

Daughter's first slalom, I'm now under orders to buy a second hand pink or purple 3.5M boat !!!
She does think of her old dad, she could want a brand new one.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Thanks everyone for a great weekend. We now have another member of our club hooked on the C1! The weather was fab (yet again), the organisers very accomodating and the other competitors good fun :-)

Now for a long bath with my rubber duckie* :)

*which was a fab prize...

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Mint Weekend!

I'll be there again next year! Shame about the problems on Saturday, but all sorted and still managed the team event!

I love teams!

Cheers

Nicky

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:35 am

Well what a busy weekend, what with the laptop going down and the printer packing up on Saturday morning we had a bit of a delay but got everything sorted and the racing started. None of the competitors seemed to mind as they all had extra practice time on the course, the racing went well and all seemed to be having a good time and we even had some good tight racing in the team event with 10 teams entered. Sunday was a much smoother day with no issues apart from water level first thing in morning but that was soon back to normal. Just to say a big thank you for all the paddlers for tuning up and racing with all having a good time with fantastic weather again (will try and book it again for next year) and making the event such a success. Congratulations to all those paddlers that gained promotion over the weekend and we hope to see as many paddlers again next year at Harefield. This has got to be one of the best attended slaloms of the year for Div 3/4 with over 100 entries on each day (plus teams Sat and judges). A big thank you to all those that helped over the weekend to make Harefield 09 the success it was and to those stuck in the refreshment tent for all there hard work (to many names to list but you know who you are). I would also like to say a big thank you to those of you that have taken time to email me saying what a good time you had over the weekend, it makes all that hard work worthwhile.

Carl

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:39 am

??? I had to visit Harefield on the Sunday as Slalom Administrator for a meeting with another organiser re their event. What I observed looked brilliant with all having a good time, talking to Carl he looked as a good organiser should cool calm & collected.
Well done for a good event.
Jim

AndrewG

Post by AndrewG » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:35 am

Firstly, many thanks for a great weekend.

Unfortunately the great weather meant that my son removed his cag by the riverside on Sunday and forgot about it for the rest of the day.

On the off-chance that it was seen whilst packing away, could you please pm me and I will arrange to pick it up.

Cag in question is:
"Delta", small , semi-dry, long-sleeved, grey and blue (I think)

Thanks
Andrew