Graveyard Div1 - Free practice

Discuss past and future events
qaqaqaqa

Post by qaqaqaqa » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Does anyone know if there is free practice at the Div1 Graveyard event on Sunday? Or can i have an extra hour in bed :)

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri May 02, 2008 12:58 am

According to the startlist the practice runs are at set times per competitor.......dont miss your slot but hopefully enjoy a few more zeds! :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

mwilk

Post by mwilk » Fri May 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Speaking from experience of running this for the last CT race, although the practice runs won't be as strictly controlled [i.e. times and order of runs] as the main runs, your name will be ticked off a list as you go down. So you'll probably only get one run. Unless you are clever !

Good luck again tomorrow spiderman [I get that now !]. I'll think I'll be starting you off for at least one of your runs.

NAM

Post by NAM » Sat May 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi
I understand that official practices is a one go and you're ticked off, but what aboutt he time between the water coming on and official practices starting. This is about an hour and I know I'd love a sneaky extra run down?
Anyone know if you'll be allowed to paddle the course between 8.30 and 9.30?
Like the first post if I can't an extra hour in bed sounds fantastic!

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Wed May 07, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi Mwilk. Not sure who you are with the anonimity of the www! :-) However, thanks for your kind words. I needed a bit more good luck than I actually got though....The last gate was my nemesis on the Prem course and then gate 9 was my nemesis on the Div 1 :-( When you do not travel down the course as fast as you once did, you need a clear run to get even close to a decent result. I cleared the Prem course on my 2nd run but that blummin gate 9 on Sunday bumped into me on all 3 of my runs grrrr! Slow and a single touch did not give me a decent result at all :-( But wow there was a lot of close racing on Sunday! Several competitors each second is great to see on the scoreboard! Really makes you want to put in that extra effort next time! Congrats to Jonathon Aston for that sub 100 second run! Awesome! Get in Prem where you belong laddie! :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!