Washburn Div 2 - 14/15 April

Discuss past and future events
lesf

Washburn Div 2 - 14/15 April

Post by lesf » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 am

Just got back from holiday to a mountain of entries, so I'll be drafting a start list shortly.

We still have spaces in both the Div 2 and open races, if you are planning to come please get your entries in asap to avoid any late fees!

Start information is on the website front page

Thanks

Les

automart

Re: Washburn Div 2 - 14/15 April

Post by automart » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi Les, can you confirm entry fees please

My son is entering the open , and also the C2 on both days am i right in thinking

open fees £8.50 double

C2 £10.00 double . £6.00 discount fro multiclass entry over two days.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:15 pm

The £3 discount for a multiclass entry can only be claimed once across an event so at best it would be £3 over the 2 days.

Since multiclass applies to div 2 and below, my interpretation of the rules would be that it does not apply to open classes so in your case I don't think it applies at all. I'd be interested to know, for future reference, if anyone else would interpret the rules differently in this situation?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

lesf

Post by lesf » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Good point Dee . . .

Completely agree about the MCD being per boat per entry, so it's £3 whether the event is a single or double (I've had a few people claiming £6 MCD off a double so I'm glad you agree as I was beginning to doubt myself - ok I wasn't really)

As for whether MCD applies to an Open, that's not so clear.

I had just assumed it applied here too (which I've said in my pm'ed response). But having looked into it further there is no place to adjust for a multiclass discount on the summary sheets for an open event in the organisers pack - which would lead me to say no, it wouldn't be eligible.

But I guess you could argue the open entry is the first one and the C2 entry in Div 2 the subsquent entry - so would be eligible.

Equally an Open is usually parallel to a divisional event, so is an Open alongside a Div 1 a different case to a Open alongside a Div 2 (don't mention opens alongside Div 1/2 events!)

So
a) I'd agree clarification might be needed
b) My pragmatic solution would be give the discount (£3) as it's too much hassle to worry about it for that amount of money!

Les

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:43 am

Agree that clarification is needed so that everyone applies the discount in the same way.....

At a div 1/2 I always treat div 1 entries as irrelevant when it comes to calculating a discount and assume that both entries must be in div 2.

To be honest I'd like to see the discount abolished as I'm not convinced it encourages participation in multiple classes (which was its aim) and it really is a bit of a fiddle to administer.

PS Where's Canadian Paddler when you need him? He's usually the one who know's the nitty gritty of these rules!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 pm

I disagee Dee. At lower division events I entered the C2 with numerous partners a) to get them on the water and b) sometimes to make the event quorate. I would not have done that if it were not for the multi-event discount as it would have been far too expensive...

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:51 pm

BaldockBabe wrote:I disagee Dee. At lower division events I entered the C2 with numerous partners a) to get them on the water and b) sometimes to make the event quorate. I would not have done that if it were not for the multi-event discount as it would have been far too expensive...
OK Fair enough. I haven't seen it apply at our events but I stand corrected! Sheer curiosity, but what do you mean by "lower division event"?

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Ah, mainly events like Orton Mere/ Cardington/ Harefield where I am there all day and feel I can sit in a C2 for ages!

I would not try at HPP etc!

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:56 pm

:lol:

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Canadian Paddler is - for the first time is hs life - signed off work. :cry:
Had the dreaded Lurgi so bad, that I have not even been looking at this much, and last time I looked at a rule, I forgot the other half that was a few pages before...

In my view, the MCD is per entry. So if you enter kayak as a double, you can have MCD,, but a double C2 entry is one entry - one MCD.

One of the reasons the MCD was restricted was the feeling that it really was no difference to someone entering two div 1 or prem events. So does it apply to an open, err um, see paragraph one. Think I would follow the enter open and apply to divisional, just to get b**s in boats and smiles on faces

I have seen MCD working with the unsure at div 4 level. Do not know if you want to do C2, wel if you are doing it with someone already paddling kayak how much is it er paddler? and you stand a chance of one of the 'Proteus Prizes' so do you want to enter? Works 75% of the time, the rest is down to me trying to convince people, which many know I have no skill in, too honest :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Sorry to hear of the lurgi; if it is the one I had then it really is a nasty one, I went done with it 2 weeks tomorrow and today is the first day that I have started to feel significantly better.

As regards to your persuasive techniques; I seem to remember that my family has been subjected to them and it has cost me a small fortune over the years.

Hope you are better soon.