Sowerby Bridge 2/3 !(/20 march

Discuss past and future events
lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi All

Thanks for all the entries so far for the event. Please note we have a limit on entries for the event so may not be able to take entries on the day, so if you want to race send your cards in.

Please could all attending see the attached information, particularly taking note of the new arrangements that vehicles should not be brought into the mill area to drop boats off!

Start Information

Camping / Accommodation Information

Thanks

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:45 pm

removed to this thread simple

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Sowerby Bridge Div 2/3 on 19/20 March

Thank you everyone for getting your entries in, we reach our entry limit as of Friday mornings post, so:

WE ARE NOW CLOSED FOR RANKING ENTRIES AND WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY MORE RANKING ENTRIES I am still taking judges entries, but space is severely limited.

I know that we usually take entries on the day but we have had a massive number of entries in advance and have reach our entry limit. (this is the first time in many years it has happened at Sowerby)

I know there are disappointed paddlers out there, as we are returning a dozen entries, and ahve spoken/emailed others. Please don't send any more entries, email me, or turn up hoping to get an entry as there is nothing I can do to get you on the start list.

Also please spread the word to avoid people turning up and being disappointed on the day.

Updated Final starts lists are now available:
Saturday 19th March

Sunday 20th March

If you are not on these your entries did not arrive with me on time

Information for Competitors

Camping Information

Many thanks

Les
Halifax Canoe Club

lesf

Post by lesf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:21 pm

To be clear - we are full.

I am not taking any more postal entries

We will not be taking entries on the day

I have very few judging slots available - contact me about these if you are interested

Thanks

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Just to re-iterate, please don't turn up on the day asking for a ranking entry - we are full and you wil have a waste trip.

I cannot re-allocate places of people who don't turn up as this would not be fair on the 20+ paddlers who have had their entries returned after we closed entries.

Judges entries - we now have enough judges entries, so these are closed too. If you haven't already been in touch with me for a judges slot it is now too late.

Sorry

Thanks

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Water level

Sorry but it's looking like being low - a few inches below the lip of the top weir currently. and with no real rain forecast this unlikely to change.

Les

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 am

Les,

Cheers for a great weekend as always. Well organised and couple of great courses.
See ya later in the year
cheers

kendall chew

Post by kendall chew » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:39 am

Les,
Just to say "Thanks" for a great weekend of racing. A good time was had by all at SSCC.

Regards.

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 am

Hi All

A busy weekend! A shock to us and paddlers that we were full ahead of the event.

Thanks to all for coming along and making it a success and to all who helped out over the weekend. Also to all for keeping to the new arrangements about vehicles and boats in the Mill area.

Lost Property:
The only item I have is a good quality waterproof jacket, found out on the wall - contact me if you are missing one.
We also know of a paddler missing a black Quickflow cagdeck which was in the gents changing rooms. Please check your kit bag to see if you have picked it up by mistake, again contact me and I’ll help you get it back to the owner.

Results - are below, and I'm sure Nick will have them on the main page shortly

Saturday

Sunday

I'm off to eat left over cake and finish the paperwork.

I'm now open for entries for our June Event!!

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi

I still have a good quality waterproof jacket left at Sowerby Bridge if some-one wants to claim it (it's not rained since so you've probably not missed it yet).

I'll take it with me to Matlock if so see me there if it's yours

Les