2011 Australian Open - Penrith

Discuss past and future events
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 am

Fastest on the water but a slight touch puts them 2nd! Well deserved result Tim/ET :-) Well done the rest of the Squad so far too :-)

All results here:-

http://www.ausopen.canoe.org.au/default ... s/20918/0/

:-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

kendall chew

Post by kendall chew » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Q: Why is there a greater number of female K1 in the upper section of the world rankings than in male K1?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:30 am

Congratulations to Tim/ET and to Campbell who went WON better!

Kendall, not sure what your question means, so cant offer a biased opinion.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

kendall chew

Post by kendall chew » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:18 pm

CP,
It's really a research question. It appears that we have more Female K1's in the top echelon than we do Male. If this is the case why? Are training methods different for K1M than they are for K1W. I refuse to accept any suggestion that we are less capable than other countries, so what is it that creates the difference. I am not a statistician, so it may be that K!M and K!W statistically rank the same ( see statistical vocabulary is not even there), but there does seem to be a difference. (If there is no difference then I am more of an idiot than I thought.)

The question is not designed to be offensive. I think we have a real world class team but there is a glitch. Is there a difference between our own training methods and those of other countries? I don't know where the answers lie, but perhaps there is a cause to compare training methods.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Oh no, a serious question that will need some thinking....hopefully someone will step in before I have to do any thinking! :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points