6.6 British Open 2014

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

6.6 British Open 2014

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:35 am

With the popularity of the British Open at Lee Valley, especially in the year before the World Championships, and the short daylight hours available at the end of the season, steps have to be taken to ensure that the event can be completed in daylight hours.
For this event only, paddling up will not be allowed, only the invited paddlers at the top of Division 1 will be allowed to compete, but will not qualify for paddler up status.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

BaldockBabe

Re: 6.6 British Open 2014

Post by BaldockBabe » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 pm

So when the British Open looks like it may not make money i.e. this year, paddle ups are more than welcome but then when it might make money i.e. next year, they are not? Is that really a good message to be sending out especially as one competitor was promoted to Prem on the basis of her paddle up at the British Open.

bankside

Post by bankside » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Encourage participation at this event. It is a showcase for GB Sport

SilverSurfer

Post by SilverSurfer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Agree with Michelle, totally wrong in not allowing paddle ups next year. What will happen after the world champs, no doubt the begging bowl will come out again and everyone will be allowed to paddle once more. The sport should not just revolve around the elite athletes.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Passed, so no paddle up at British Open next year, invited div 1 only
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points