5.18 Remaining on the Water - 2011 ACM Motions

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:49 pm

There is a discrepancy in the yearbook between a guidance note, and the rules relating to staying on the water after a run. In order to resolve this, rule C19.8 (page 80) is to be amended so that paddlers must stay on the water, or ensure that there are alternate arrangements made.

UK C19.8 After their run a Competitor MUST stay in their boat within a clearly indicated distance from the finish, until the next, and next but one Competitor has finished, in case they are called upon to act as rescue boat, UNLESS the Organiser, having made other rescue arrangements, has specifically indicated that this is not required or the paddler has arranged an alternate to provide this safety cover. This regulation applies equally to team events. Failure to comply with this rule {delete}may{/delete}will result in disqualification from that run (DSQ-R).
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Flyhigh3

Post by Flyhigh3 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:42 am

[quote="Canadian PAddler"][/quote]
I can see a few potential problems here in putting responsibility to a paddler to arrange someone else to stay on...'I asked him to stay on for me for the next boat and he said he would!..' ..'I didn't hear him'....
Epecially when young paddler voice doesn't carry any weight with the jury.....

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:32 pm

I think this needs more definition

it should say "or the paddler has arranged an alternative paddler to remain on the water in the prescribed place to provide this safety cover."

Otherwise we will have someone stood on the bank as their cover.