5.20 Late Entry Surcharge - 2011 ACM Motions

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

The Late entry fee has increased in line with inflation for many years. During this time the number of late entries has increased. In order to reinstate the late entry fee, as a deterrent, and better reflect the impact on the organisers work load, the late entry feed at Premier and Division 1 events should be increased.

Increase the late entry fee to £5 for single event and £10 for a double entries at division 2 and above.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:38 pm

This will really hit people who have to enter late, hopefully they can put in an entry in plenty of time with a letter to say they may have to cancel due to work commitments and their entry can be cancelled?

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 pm

should this read at div 1 and above? Div 2 is a bit premature, but by the time people get to div 1 they should know better.

It would certainly encourage me to enter on time!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:24 am

Currently the late entry fee is the same at Prem/1/2 so this motion does not change that.

Could be amended if the meeting feel appropriate
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 am

90+% of the entries for my race this year were late which is an absolute pain. I'd be infavour of this motion, as the only reson our event broke even was due to stringent late fee collection.