5.4 Competition Calendar Structures - 2011 ACM Motions

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:20 pm

The aim of this proposal is to ensure that judging and timing teams have adequate rest weekends throughout the season. It is intended that where there are particular pressures for organising a particular race that may require an alternative date that the committee will have the power to vary the calendar if persuaded by a submission

For the 2013 Calendar, and subsequently, the BCU Slalom Committee will issue a calendar with potential race slots for Premier and Division 1 for races which will be fully supported by the national timing and judging teams. Clubs may then bid to run races in these identified slots. The selection criteria to be developed over the winter and published by March 2012.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 pm

what criteria will be used to determine who gets what date?

naturdal rivers better in spring and autumn, artificial courses are too expensive in the summer... I think that the idea is good, but may struggle to fill the summer slots.

What about a paddler ballot in prem so that we get to pick which 9 races we want and then they sort out who gets which date...

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:27 am

The selection criteria to be developed over the winter and published by March 2012

I expect this to include availability of site and water. A div 1 at Shepperton in August is known not to be realistic! :)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points