MASTERS LEAGUE - THE NATIONAL LEAGUE TABLE FOR THE 35+

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:47 am

Motion passed, all we need is a compiler for next year. Any Spidey volunteers? :rock:
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

GreenPeter

Post by GreenPeter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:24 pm

If Spidey is passing the baton on I'll volunteer.

And Just to prove I'm of the right sort of age group to do this task what does " :rock: " mean ?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Its either:
- a stone
- What Val Donegan did on his chair (really showing age!)
- Music from a beat combo, or soloist, such as Mr E Presley
OR
- the smiley raising an eyebrow 6th from left on the quick post. It doesnot actually translate!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:27 am

Peter,

Jim Croft has just emailed me to ask about the role of compiler and I mentioned you to him in my reply. However, I note that emails are not leaving my outbox very promptly (I am using various connections whilst travelling abroad) so maybe contact Jim and I am sure he will be pleased to sort this with you. I could be the compiler of course but as others seem more enthusiastic I am more than happy to see them in their element! I do not see that it will be a terribly complex role given that the results are taken directly from the main ranking points awarded. I think the part that needs most thought/care is the presentation of the results together with regular posting of positions of course. I am delighted that the motion was passed and look forward to more 35+ paddlers enjoying the sport even more than they do already!

PP
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 am

That will teach Pete to volunteer! :D

PaulBolton

Post by PaulBolton » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Do my eyes deceive me? Is CP re-ranked in Div 2 K1M? Good effort Colin!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeah well I HOPE to get back in a boat this year, no one is stupid enough to trust me do manage a season in C2, my C1 is 4m, so I thought I would try a silly boat. . . . if it all comes to plan, I will try proper slalom (c1) at some stage.

But if course as I am now on teh committee (again) no one will notice me!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Starting at the winter slalom that happens to be a week on Sunday at Orton Mere...?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Ooh Munchkin as if I would promote the best event of the year, the ORTON MERE winter slalom (one day fun event, enter on the day, event starts at noon) on a thread that has nothing to do with such a quality event?

Hey if I start early enough in the season (before anyone is promoted), I can be winning the event for a while!!, even if it is only for 30 seconds :D