C1W points - Points and Promotion

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Geebs, from memory there were some events eg Marple and Fairnilee where there were more than 3 girls but at division 2/3 not many more. There were lots more at Prem/ 1 level!

Dave, looking at the figures I think that your concerns about a figure of 2650 are unwarranted. No girl this year would have been promoted before they were ready with that as a figure and no girl is even close. I think 3100 is far to high, the number needs to be looked at as something ascertainable and that people will look at and think that they can do it but obviously high enough that it is a challenge to get it.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 am

Quick look at the number of 2/3 C2s vs 2/3 C1W might suggest we wait a little longer before standing on their own
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 pm

After the discussion is any club planning to put a motion before the ACM? If not, I will try and get our committee to put forward one putting the multiplier at 1.2 and a promotion target of 2650 (ie same as C2's) as I believe (on the figures) this seems reasonable. This would allow for a few more promotions in the year, but nothing too quick and would mean that you can get valuable points at a division 2/ Prem event. I would need a club willing to second the motion though...

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Based on CWs post in the 'ACM Motion' discussion thread, I don't believe you need another club to second the motion. It would appear that the motion can be brought by a single club but has to be signed by two full BCU members. It also needs to state though that the proposed motion was passed at a club committee meeting otherwise you run the risk of an official of the club pulling the motion from the ACM agenda, as happened at last year's meeting.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Oh and don't forget that the club proposing/seconding the motion has to be registered with the slalom committee as well
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Geebs, that bit is fine, Baldock is registered.

I assume "full membership of the BCU" includes WCA and SCA members (since I understand thats BCU members in the strictest sense are actually Canoe England members?)

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Ps, when is the ACM? I can't find the date on the diary link?

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Munchkin wrote:Ps, when is the ACM? I can't find the date on the diary link?

November the 28th at HPP NWC Registration from 09:30 starting at 10:00 it's on the main website on the right hand dates column ???

I assume "full membership of the BCU" includes WCA and SCA members (since I understand that's BCU members in the strictest sense are actually Canoe England members?)
should do as they are all legal entitlements to race.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:59 pm

Thanks Geebs, that will be the one bit I can't get on a Crackberry (oh, and the C1W ranking list!).

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:05 am

Munchkin wrote:Thanks Geebs, that will be the one bit I can't get on a Crackberry (oh, and the C1W ranking list!).
No prob :D Yes, for some reason the site does not display the same on mobile internet the dates, rankings etc maybe displayed right at the bottom of the page as a list but they do not display in order on my Nokia!

Cheers Graeme

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:38 am

I have come to consider that 1.2 and 3200 points is a better level, and I will be putting this to our committee to propose as a motion. We also will need a seconder! I will also be proposing to make it the same for C2s, it is scary how close Karen and I got to getting promoted this year, if my 1st shoulder op had gone a bit better we might have been promoted by now, and there is no way we are good enough for div 1!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:45 am

Oops showing my age, It was me that said 'full BCU member', of course in these enlittened days it should be national association.

Remember the motions must be in before the closing date - I do not have my yearbook, but 27 Oct springs to mind.

Motions can be from a single club, but need two signatures - oh and it is better if the club rep is at teh ACM to propose the motion.

I will consult with my committee to see if we want to throw our weight behind either motion - or come up with a variation of our own. It is of course possible, if only one of you gets the motion in for the other to propose an amnendment, but if neither of you get there, then, unless the committee propose something we are stuck with the status quo. :(
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 am

Umm, our commitee meeting has been postoned until next week. Hope it is not too late by then?

Anyway, if my calculations are correct and the Sowerby results are also correct it looks like there is another Barbie, Wendy now has 1972 points which I gather is enough for promotion :)

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:13 pm

and the Sowerby results are also correct it

Of course they are!

Les