Langham Farm Div 3/4 - 19/20th June - Probably the best slalom of the year *

Discuss past and future events
andya

Post by andya » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Frome Canoe Club, look forward to welcoming one and all to what is without question the best Div 3/4 slalom of 2010 (*in the SW)

We've been hard at work today, and everything is now ready. We've set up a fast modern course that we hope will provide a challenge of all.

There is a good flow of water on the course right now, but exciting plans are afoot to enable a reduction in lower pool water levels. So we may even see the return of the Langham shoot and wave .. can't wait.

The elite Frome catering core have set up their hugely organised field kitchen, and they look forward to serving the widely admired all day Langham breakfast, and superb homemade cakes.

The sunshine is on order, and Billy the bull has done a great job of cropping the grass in the camping field to a lovely length. We've had the shovels out today to remove the worst of the bull droppings ... #

So hope to see you at the weekend for a superb slalom, in a idyllic rural location.

# No Bullsh*t.
Andy
(D1 K1 1981, D2 C1&C2 2010)

andya

Post by andya » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Many thanks from Frome Canoe Club to all those who came and made it such a great event.

The sun shone, many cakes were eaten, and we nearly managed to drain the river on Saturday. :cool:

Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Some photos are now online here :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27889086@N ... 199330785/

Andy
(D1 K1 1981, D2 C1&C2 2010)

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Echo that

Really good event with a few minor hiccups just like any event....which is tolerable

Well done all

Apart from the person who put the dead Crow in the tree for me to put my hand on when someone nudged me to the bank. Still it only went into the second knuckle on my index finger and didn't taste too bad